PS4224 Timestamps

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
ThiloM

PS4224 Timestamps

Post by ThiloM »

Hello!
I have some trouble achieving the ps4224 to write out time stamps for each waveform I captured using rapid block mode.
I tested the ps4000GetValuesTriggerChannelTimeOffsetBulk64 function as described in the programmer's guide prototype for RBM. The results i got make no sense to me, as they are sometimes positive/negative, sometimes having repeating values and so on.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this function in any of the examples and there's no further documentation about it. So I actually don't even know, what kind of offset the function is meant to describe?

Is there a way to get proper time stamps (for example for the trigger time or the first sample of a waveform) in rapid block mode?

Code: Select all

// Extract
#define SEGMEM 10
//SEGMEM == No of waveforms I capture == No of memory segments
__int64 TimeOffsets[SEGMEM] = {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0};
PS4000_TIME_UNITS time_units[SEGMEM];

PICO_STATUS stat64 = ps4000GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64(
		device_handle,
		TimeOffsets,
		time_units,
		SEGMEM-1);

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PS4224 Timestamps

Post by Robin »

Hi

GetValuesTriggerTimeOffsetBulk64 returns the time difference between the first sample in your block and the actual trigger event (crossing of the threshold) using linear interpolation.

This can be positive or negative as the first sample in your block will always be the one closest to the trigger event.

There is no way to get the time at which a trigger event occurred from the driver.

Robin