Thankyou for your posts with regard to measuring voltage on the TC-08.
We do supply a single channel terminal board that has been designed specifically for use with the TC-08.
The USB TC-08 Single-Channel Terminal Board is an accessory for the Pico Technology USB TC-08 8-Channel Thermocouple Data Logger. The screw terminals allow wires to be attached to the data logger without soldering and enable the USB TC-08 to measure voltages from 0 to + 5 V or 4-20 mA loop currents. The terminal board is designed for use with the USB TC-08 and is not guaranteed to work with other thermocouple data loggers.
Inputs and switch
4-20/5V Input for the positive side of a 4-20 mA loop or 0 to
5 V signal.
500mV Input for the positive side of a 0 to 500 mV signal.
50mV Input for the positive side of a 0 to 50 mV signal.
COM Input for the negative side of any voltage or current
4-20 mA Set switch to “ON” for a 4-20 mA loop signal.
Set switch to “OFF” for all voltage signals.
Measuring voltages and currents
1) Connect the negative side of your circuit to the COM terminal.
2) Connect the positive side of your circuit to the “5 V”, “500 mV” or “50 mV”
terminal depending on the voltage range of the signal. For a 4-20 mA loop
signal, use the “5 V” input.
3) For a 4-20 mA loop signal, set the switch to “ON”. For a voltage signal, set the
switch to “OFF”.
4) Plug the terminal board into the USB TC-08.
5) Connect the USB TC-08 to the computer using the USB cable supplied with the logger.
6) Run PicoLog on the computer.
7) Go to File -> New Settings.
Set the converter type to USB TC-08.
9) Edit one of the USB TC-08 channels and set the “Thermocouple” control to“mV”.
10) PicoLog will display the voltage or current applied to the terminal board in the monitor window.http://www.picotech.com/thermocouple.html
The voltage displayed in PicoLog corresponds to the input voltage as follows:
Input range PicoLog voltage
0 – 5 V 0 – 50 mV
0 – 500 mV 0 – 50 mV
0 – 50 mV 0 – 50 mV
4 – 20 mA 9.6 – 48 mV
If you require further assistance on this please do not hesitate to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org