Slow mode

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Martijn

Slow mode

Post by Martijn »

Hello everybody,

I,m writing my own software for an ADC212. I want to draw my samples on a form. One line stands for a samplevalue.

I'm sampling with 11kHz frequentie, so i have to draw 11000 lines in one second. I also have to download all these samples from the ADC to my pc. This takes very much time! I don't want to mis sampling values, but if the sampe download takes that long, i will mis some samples.

With 11000 samples/s a have to get 11000 samples per sec, but i only get 1000 or 2000. This not good enough.

I've read the manual and i found that there is a "Slow mode" but this isn't implemented in the ADC212 jet. The driver version is: 5.09.4

Can anyone tell me when this "Slow mode" will be implemented? Or does anyone have an example that is as fast as possible? (I have to sample with fs=11kHz and at the same time i have to draw the samples on the screen).

Anybody... Help?! Greets,
Martijn

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The ADC212 series of products where designed to collect a block of data at a time and not designed for streaming. By using the Block mode it will provide an exact and equal time interval between each sample. Using streaming through the Parallel port will not provide the same effect as the timing is then handled by the windows clock. The ADC212 also takes a finite amount of time to set up each time and thus will also reduce the number of samples that can be downloaded in the manner you intend.

Unfortunately, 'slow mode' is very unlikely to be implemented for the reasons explained above.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Unfortunately, 'slow mode' is very unlikely to be implemented for the reasons explained above
Is there another device which can do streaming. And can this device sample with 11kHz?

Thanks and greets,

Martijn

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

The ADC-100 should do the job!

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator