plw33.exe has encontered a problem (ADC-11)

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
kev.quinn1

plw33.exe has encontered a problem (ADC-11)

Post by kev.quinn1 »

Hi,

I'm new to the forums so apologies if I have posted in the wrong section.

I'm currently using PicoLog recording software with an ADC-11 data logger. I encounter an error after I create a new file. It occurs when I click on the run button. The following window is displayed: "plw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried repair and reinstalling the picolog software and restarting the computer but to no avail.

Through searching the forums I found http://www.picotech.com/support/topic5581.html but for some reason my computer doesn't have the Local Settings\Application Data\ it mentions.

Any help is appreciaed.

Regards,

KQ

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: plw33.exe has encontered a problem (ADC-11)

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
If the software is crashing as soon as you start up it is probably because of some illegal setting in your preferences or probe setup files. First you will need to change a setting in Windows Explorer to be able to see these files. Start Explorer and select "Tools", "Folder Options", "View". In the Advanced settings box, look for "Hidden files & folders" and then select "Show hidden files & folders", now select "Apply" and "OK".

If you navigate to the following folder on your PC:-
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology
You will find one or more folders there with long numeric names.
Delete all these folders. (It is quite safe.)
Having done all the above, it would be best to go back to Explorer and select "Do not show hidden files & folders".

Please contact me again if you still have problems.
Regards,
PeterF.