How to convert multiple .PSD files to .txt files

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Noel

How to convert multiple .PSD files to .txt files

Post by Noel »

Hello all,
I need to find a way to convert multiple (1000+) picoscope .PSD files to either .txt files or .xls files for further analysis by other software.
Is there any way to do this?

I would be gratefull for any help.

Noel

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: How to convert multiple .PSD files to .txt files

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
This is being dealt with on Help-desk, we will post back to here when we have a solution so others can see it.
Regards,
PeterF.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
I have a work-round for you now. The PicoScope5 batch convert routine is no use as it has the same bug as the program itself, in that it only converts channel A to text and not channel B. The PicoScope6 batch convert routine should be able to convert PicoScope5 files but we had a problem with it yesterday and it would not work. We have just found out what the problem is. The PicoScope6 routine is expecting the PicoScope5 files to have an extension of .psd and your files have a capitalised extension of .PSD which causes a problem. The extension on all your files for conversion needs to be changed to lower case. The sequence to do the conversion will be:- Install PicoScope6, a copy of this is available here:- http://www.picoauto.com/software.html
(Select "PicoScope6" and follow the instructions. FYI this version of the program will work with your ADC-212 but not ADC-200 scopes) (Once installed, there is no need to run the program to do the conversion.)

Create a new directory to work in, for example:- C:\Convert Copy (not move) all the files you want to convert into this new directory.
From now on you must work in a DOS box by going to the "Run" box in the start menu of Windows (Start button).
Type in "cmd" and then hit return to get a DOS box, then:-
CD\ (return)
CD\Convert (return)
(You should now be in the Convert directory)
Dir (return)
(You should now see a listing of all the files for conversion. Change all the extensions from .PSD to .psd with the following command:-)
Ren *.PSD *.psd (return)
(Next is the command to do the conversion, type in exactly, including spaces:-)

Picoscope /c C:\Convert\*.psd /f txt (return)

(Actual conversion might take a while but you will see progress bars for each file. Basic text help is available in the DOS box for this routine by typing:- picoscope /?)

Please let me know how you get on and if you need any other help.
Regards,
PeterF.

Lilian

Post by Lilian »

Hello

I'ld like to know if it's possible to do this when there are multiples waveform in each PSD file?
I tried those command lines but it only convert the first waveform

regards

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Lilian,

Which version of the PicoScope 6 software are you using?

Please ensure that you are using the latest version and use the /b all option when attempting to convert the files.

Regards,