Trouble connecting to Th-03 (Linux)

Having problems ? let us know the details here
dpadro

Trouble connecting to Th-03 (Linux)

Post by dpadro »

Hi,

I have purchased a second Th03 and it is not detected under linux, my first TH03 is working fine in my linux workstation (redhat 7.1). The response that I have is:

$ ./th03lnx -d -t100 /dev/ttyS0
th03lnx: th03 not found on /dev/ttyS0

I have tried with different versions of redhat (7.3 and 8.0) and I have the same problem. However the same TH03 is working and it is detected under windows 2000.
I read that the linux code is designed for the version 1, and not the version two (post: Trouble connecting to Th-03, Fri Jul 18). Does it mean that the new TH03 is not going to work under linux or I have a faulty TH03?

best regards

daniel padro

Same here

Post by Guest »

We have exactly the same problem. We've tried on several computers etc., and it's always the same response "...not found". Help is very much appreciated.

dybdahl

Oops

Post by dybdahl »

Oops - I forgot to login - I'm the one who submitted a post as "guest".

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I have answered this one by email, you should get it soon with the new TH03.tar file included.

This new file will be available in the next beta release of drivers.

Best regards,
Mark S.
Regards,

Mark Spencer

dybdahl

To whom?

Post by dybdahl »

Who did you send that e-mail to? I haven't received an e-mail from you but would very much like to get a copy.

Lars Dybdahl.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I have sent the email to both of you, with the attachment:

Daniel Padro
Lars Dybdahl

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

dybdahl

It works!

Post by dybdahl »

Thank you very much - it works :-)

Lars.

dpadro

Post by dpadro »

It also works for me, thank you very much.

I think It would be a good idea to upgrade your webpage because I have been really close to send the unit back thinking that it was faulty.

cheers

dan

dybdahl

Me, too.

Post by dybdahl »

Me, too.

gimp

Post by gimp »

Hi,

I have just purchased one of these TH-03 devices and cannot get the device seen on the com port. I have the same "th03lnx: th03 not found on /dev/ttyS0" error message. Could you send me a copy of the beta drivers, as I can not find them on the web site.

Many Thanks

Nigel

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The problem with the Th03 linux files are that they only work with the version unit, I believe that you havea version two unit. The change has been made to the software and this will be sent to you now via email.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

gimp

Post by gimp »

Thanks very much, that works great.

roo

Post by roo »

errr... me too... ;-)

I was given an rh-02 to play with under linux and found it perfect. I purchased a TH-03 and just get the "tho3lnx: th03 not found on /dev/ttyS0" err.
It works sweet as on w2k. *shrug*

Please email me the updated software.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I will willingly send the required file, but to do this I will need your email address. Please send a email to tech@picotech.com, requesting the up date.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

Ermmm... not to be pushy, but I _have_ sent two emails to the said address (friday and monday)... and I have a client asking for this stuff... could you please either send the files to andrew-at-asterisk-dot-co-dot-nz, or just maybe just provide them for for download (seems the better option to me...)

regards,
Andrew