Test and Measurement Forum

Low temperature

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Low temperature

Postby mdashper » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 pm

I am using a DrDAQ with external temperature probes and PicoLog 5.16.2
Although the probes are obviously registering temperatures below freezing and PicoLog is recording them, they do not register on the graph display. I have tried to manually change the temperature scale but all it will do is alter the maximum on the scale. The bottom of the scale stays firmly at 0 (actually it's probably about -0.5)
Will the latest version of PicoLog fix this?
mdashper
User
User

Re: Low temperature

Postby gruntman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 pm

mdashper,

What happens if you change the options on the graph (Check mark button) and select to have vertical scale axis scale automatically?

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com
gruntman
Guru
Guru

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am

If you set the vertical scale to automatic, then it sets a scale of 0 to 100. If you manually expand the scale, all that alters is the upper end, the lower limit remains fixed at 0.
I have installed the latest version of picolog and, using pre-recorded .PLW files in 'play' mode, the trace just disappears off the bottom of the scale even when the spreadsheet view shows that there are below zero values recorded.

Martin Dashper

Postby mdashper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:52 am

Sorry, I wasn't logged in when I posted my reply, so I'm reposting to make sure I get notified of replies.

If you set the vertical scale to automatic, then it sets a scale of 0 to 100. If you manually expand the scale, all that alters is the upper end, the lower limit remains fixed at 0.
I have installed the latest version of picolog and, using pre-recorded .PLW files in 'play' mode, the trace just disappears off the bottom of the scale even when the spreadsheet view shows that there are below zero values recorded.

Martin Dashper
mdashper
User
User

Return to PicoLog