TC-08 USB Driver Instalation Problems

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
Lightingtech

TC-08 USB Driver Instalation Problems

Post by Lightingtech »

We have a TC08 USB that we've been using for many months without problems on an old Dell laptop.

We have since created a new test area and decided to use a spare desktop PC for data logging. We also bought a second TC08 USB.

The PC is newer than the laptop (around 4 years old) and has Windows XP installed with all of the latest service packs etc.

When we installed the PicoLog software using all of the default options, everything seemed to go well. However when we launched PicoLog and connected the device, the "New Hardware wizzard" comes up and Windows asks us to install a device driver.

We have tried selecting Automatic and Manual driver searches but each time, it says the instalation has failed because "Windows cannot find the specified file"

We have checked the laptop device manager, with the TC-08 working and noted the location of the driver file. This file exists in the same place on the desktop PC.

On one occasion, we managed to get it working by selecting the TC-08 in Device Manager and changing the status from Disable to Enable. However, this no longer works.]

We have tried installing the latest Pico software and also some older software that came with the first TC08.

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: TC-08 USB Driver Instalation Problems

Post by gruntman »

Lightingtech,

Are there any entries in the Event Logs? (Control Panel, Computer Management, Event Viewer, and look in the Application
and System logs for yellow or red). Look through any recent warnings and errors for hardware or software names suggesting an issue. This should point to the individual file that your computer can not find. Go ahead and post the driver error for the USB TC-08 here and I'll help you with the missing file...

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

lightingtech

Re: TC-08 USB Driver Instalation Problems

Post by lightingtech »

It has taken some time for me to reply as we've been busy with other things. Thanks for the offer of help though.

I did a web search and found a useful tool called USBDeview, available from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... view.shtml

This lists all of the USB device drivers that have ever been connected to the PC, and shows their current status.

I selected them all and uninstalled them all.

The Pico Device now works perfectly.