Lost connection to loggers

campus1plb

Lost connection to loggers

Post by campus1plb »

Hi,

We're experiencing a problem where if the enviromon software is open and running, then after a few days (or a non regular amount of time around this duration) we lose connection to a logger and data is not recorded, and therefore lost. We are using version 21.3 which i believe is the newest, but we also experienced it in previous versions.

Could you please advise what we can do to rectify this, or perhaps a way of allowing us to collect data in the loggers for longer between downloads which would allow us to only run enviromon weekly perhaps?

Kind regards

Phil Berry

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Lost connection to loggers

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
How much data are you collecting? The EL005 data logger is able to store 250,000 readings in it's memory before any is over written. What actually happens when you lose contact? Is between the PC & logger or between the Logger and the converter? You do not have to be connected at all between the PC and EL005 to do logging. I cannot help you much more until the factory is open again after Christmas (4th Jan). Please email the helpdesk:-
support@picotech.com
or ring 01480-396395 and ask for Peter.
Regards,
PeterF.

campus1plb

Post by campus1plb »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. Its not that the logger is reaching its maximum and data is being overwritten, its as though the logger suddenly ceases to exist. I can't tell whether this is the logger losing a connection to all of its converters simultaneously, or whether the logger is stopping communicating with the pc. Whatever happens, if you restart enviromon, no uploading of data from the 'lost' logger to the pc occurs and that period where the logger is 'lost' is essentially a blank period for data. During this period we have other loggers connected which behave fine, but this problem occurs on all 4 of our loggers (just not at the same time).

Any thoughts for further examination greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi Phil,
Sorry for the delay in replying, our Enviromon Guru, Ziko, has now left the company and I am trying to read-up to help you. Can you give me details of your set-up? How many loggers are you running at once? Are they all connected to one PC? Is the connection by RS232 direct or via USB converter? Are you set-up to use "Multiple Converters" in one instance of Enviromon or separate loggers with separate configuration files? Have you the latest version of the Enviromon manual? Link here:-
http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/emw-en.pdf
Please reply to the Help-desk, which is more suited for this type of problem:-
support@picotech.com
Regards,
PeterF