Test and Measurement Forum

Loggin of power usage

Loggin of power usage

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:04 pm

I want to be able to monitor the usage of energy in my home and then maybe alter the usage to level the load. What equipment will I need? My home is served by single phase power, one meter attached to two 200 amp 240v panels. Would I be better off putting clamps on the lines leading into the house or at each panel? (two clamps vs 4)?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:06 pm

I need data on average load, peak load (like when an a/c unit fires up) and actual load on a graph over time

Postby markspencer » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:49 am


It sounds like you need the Enviromon System datalogger along with the EL040 Current monitoring kit and two clamps if you place them where it comes into your meter. I would suggest that you look at our website detailing this product.


Best regards,

Mark Spencer
User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 9:45 am

Return to Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests