current measurement

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Post Reply

current measurement

Post by steveH » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:53 pm

Hi, we are looking for advice on which equipment we need to measure the control voltage to a proportional valve the range is typically +/- 10vdc. we also need to measure the current but not necessarily at the same time. this would be in the range of 0 to 5 amps at 24vdc. we need to display the rise and fall as a graph. the equipment would be used to set up the valve and then removed.
regards steve.

User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 9:45 am

Post by markspencer » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:03 am


To measure the Voltage and Current for your specification I would recommend the adc-212/3. This is a 2 channel unit and thus both can be measured at the same time. The unit can measure ±20 volts and has selectable voltage ranges, for both channels.

To meaure the voltage you might want to consider also using a x1/x10 probe (scope has BNC connectors), although this is not essential.

To measure the current I would recommend the use of a current clamp and test lead, so that the current clamp can be connected directly to the ADC-212/3.


PP083 ADC-213/3.
TA009 60 A Current Clamp.
TA000 Test Lead.
MI007 x1/x10 probe.

For prices please click here.

Best regards,

Mark Spencer

Post Reply