log-scale?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: log-scale?

Post by Martyn »

I have just had a discussion with colleagues about this to raise the profile, I am now waiting for a decision from the development team.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

rwp728

Post by rwp728 »

A log frequency axis used to be available on earlier PicoScope software running on XP, and was taken away in the later versions for Win 7. Other handy features were taken away as well, including the meter function. Because of this I cannot use PicoScope 6 for vibration or audio spectrum measurements on Win 7. If you are lucky enough to have an older computer running native XP (not emulated), contact me and I can supply the original XP PicoScope program that has log frequency, meter, and other useful features that were removed from the current version.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The software is also available by contacting support@picotech.com, as is the case with all legacy software. Please note you would also need to have one of the older Picoscopes, as the majority of the current models will not be supported.
Martyn

j9k

Post by j9k »

I have been giving the demo software a run through to decide whether or not to buy a 3205 MSO. I was wondering why this feature was missing. I plan on buying it mainly for audio work and would really love to see this implemented.

I'm really liking what I see so far. I can't see myself menu diving on a benchtop scope with a small screen when the computer opens up new ways to work.

jud

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hello jud,

I have added your comments to a feature request for the Development Team.

Thanks,

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

Hello

I was surprised back when I purchased a 3224 that there was no log option.

I'm about to equip a new workstation and looking at a 4262 for audio analysis and I'm even more surprised that this has not been implemented yet six years later.

Can you confirm that you will implement this and if so when can we who work with Audio expect this basic and essential function?

Thanks in advance!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We have added your request to the list but we have no direct influence on the development department schedules.
Martyn

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

Hi!

Thanks for reply. It makes sense to have good functions for audio analyzis with this scope.

docali

Post by docali »

Hello!

Any progress on this topic?

BR!
Docali

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are in the process of testing, a release of the beta software will include this in the near future.
Martyn

markB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markB »

Our latest beta release of PicoScope, 6.10.2, is now available for download. This release has long awaited log-scale feature.

You can download our beta free of charge from: http://labs.picotech.com/. Please download it and let us know what you think.
Regards

Mark

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jesy_par,

If you have not already done so, please download PicoScope 6.10 Beta from http://labs.picotech.com/.

Please also refer to the following post for information on the log-scale axis feature:

http://www.picotech.com/support/topic14263.html

Hope this helps :D

StefanB

Post by StefanB »

Any chance this could be implemented for scope mode too? We use the Picoscope 4262 to record large bandwidth, large dynamic range, induction data and usually view (the absolute value of) the data in loglog scale. As for the y-axis, viewing the amplitude in log scale is more instructive than computing the logarithm with a math channel.