Test and Measurement Forum

Measuring higher voltage

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Measuring higher voltage

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:10 am

Can I measure voltages > 20V, for example AC mains voltages?

Postby Robin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:45 pm


You can use x10 probes to attenuate the input by a factor of 10.

However, you should NOT use these with mains. For mains, you should use CATIII differential probes.

See http://accessories.picotech.com/active- ... robes.html

Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am

Return to Pre-Sales Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest