Problem with sensitivity below 10V on 3425

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
tgeorge

Problem with sensitivity below 10V on 3425

Post by tgeorge »

In checking out the performance of the PicoScope, I found that it did not seem to work properly when then input sensitivity was set to anything more sensitive than 10V full-scale. I'm not sure why this is. It may be that this particular unit is defective, or maybe I am setting it up incorrectly. I was using a signal generator to make a sine wave at 20 KHz. When I set the input range on BOTH the scope display and the spectrum display to 10V full-scale, I got the correct spectrum. However, when I set the input sensitivity to anything less than 10V for either the scope trace or the spectrum display, or both, the display becomes incorrect. When this happens, the display shows warning icons from the PicoScope software, indicating overflow or clipping. However, I get these warnings regardless of the input signal level. The result of this is that the lowest signal level that can be seen on the spectrum display is about -55 dB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Tom

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Tom

It does sound like there is a problem with the scope. Did you buy it from us directly?

Before sending it back, it is worth making sure that you have the latest software (www.picotech.com/software).

Robin