I would like to use my Dr.Daq to monitor two or three voltages. I have read the section on setting up the external connections but don't know how to go about it.
The 'help' mentions dds files - but there don't seem to be any in the supplied software.
I need to record two voltages, one at 12V, the other at 5v. I can easily pot them down to give 2.5v.
But I don't really understend the function of the auto detect resistor.
1. Why are only certain values acceptable?
2. Does the value of the resistor have any connection with the parameter being measured (in my case, voltage)?
3. I want to use Picoscope (or PicoLog) - how do these applications know to accept a voltage input?
4. In the section on Scaling files, examples are given, one of which gives "Resistor=330" - yet 330 in NOT an accepted value. Why is this?
5. If I solve this mystery, how do I get PicoScope or PicoLog to interact with this dds file?