Labview wont open example VI s

Having problems ? let us know the details here
MarkPotter
User
User

Labview wont open example VI s

Post by MarkPotter »

Hi;

i have been using Pisoscope 3000 series PC oscilloscopes for a few years now (using Labview) without major problems. I have recently bought a pair of 2203 scopes and am trying to do the same.

The basic drivers and Picoscope program all install and work fine. however, I am unable to open any of the example VIs in labview, getting the error "LabVIEW: File is not a resource file. the file"PS2000.vi is not a valid labVIEW file" or similar. I have tried both the example VIs on the CD and downloaded from the website with the same effect, also tried Labview versions 7 and 8.2 on different PCs, still cannot open the files.

Since the Labview interface is based on calls to DLLs, without the examples to work from I can't configure the DLL calls correctly (unless I copy the configuration from my 3000 series labview DLL calls, but I expect they won't be the same).

Anyone had similar problems or know of a work-around (or where to get the information so I can configure the DLLs myself)?

Mark Potter.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Mark

I will look in to this and let you know.

Robin

MarkPotter
User
User

Post by MarkPotter »

To update my story:- a project student in my group has managed to find working Labview VIs for the 2000 series cards - apparently there is an old article in these forums linking to a working copy. I havent been able to find the article myself because the search function searches the website, not the forums. if I do find the article I will link it to this thread.

Mark.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

I believe that this is the post...

http://www.picotech.com/support/about31 ... ht=labview

Incidentally, to search the forum, use the search link on the left, not the box on the right

Robin