Fast Streaming and triggering

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
RodneyRichardson
Active User
Active User

Fast Streaming and triggering

Post by RodneyRichardson »

I'm trying to use fast streaming with triggering, and am finding it difficult to find much information about how it should behave.

I set up the trigger, call ps3000_run_streaming_ns, then call ps3000_get_streaming_last_values in a loop.

This calls into my callback until the trigger occurs. Once the trigger has occurred, I get one callback, with triggered and triggeredAt set appropriately.

All subsequent calls I make to ps3000_get_streaming_last_values returns 0, and asking the unit fot the last error will give me a NOT_FOUND result.

Is this the expected behaviour, or a bug? I want to continue to stream data after the trigger occurs, not just the arbitrary packet the trigger falls into.

I'm using a PS3424 on 32bit Windows XP. My version of ps3000.dll is 3.6.3.5.

Any ideas?
Last edited by RodneyRichardson on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRichardson
Active User
Active User

Same problem occurs in the streamingTests sample.

I've just run the C++ streamingTests example code, and it exhibits the same problem when using triggering.

Setup:
input: 100Hz sine wave into channel A, 10V amplitude.

Channels:
Enable channel A, AC, 20V.

Trigger:
Channel A, rising, level = 0, delay = 0

Sampling:
100ms, 65000 samples

Open the device, then start streaming, and I get around 240 points displayed, and then nothing more.

RodneyRichardson
Active User
Active User

This was a bug in ps3000.dll. PicoTech supplied a new version, which I'm sure they've included in the latest release.