PicoSDK returned 'PICO_IPP_NOT_FOUND'

Post your Python discussions here.
fenglulu

PicoSDK returned 'PICO_IPP_NOT_FOUND'

Post by fenglulu »

Hi,
I was testing the Python example scripts( ps3000aExamples/ps3000aBlockAdvancedTriggerExample.py) with Picoscope 3406D connected via 3.0 USB port. I have installed the PicoSDK with the right bitness, however I received the error message like this:
assert_pico_ok(status["openunit"])
File "C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.12_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python312\site-packages\picosdk\functions.py", line 160, in assert_pico_ok
raise PicoSDKCtypesError("PicoSDK returned '{}'".format(PICO_STATUS_LOOKUP[status]))
picosdk.errors.PicoSDKCtypesError: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_IPP_NOT_FOUND'
Is anyone knowing the solution to this issue? Thank you.

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_IPP_NOT_FOUND'

Post by NeilH »

Hi

Would you be able to try and either run the latest PicoSDK installer again to repair the installation or to uninstall then reinstall the PicoSDK?
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

CamAtSpectrum

Re: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_IPP_NOT_FOUND'

Post by CamAtSpectrum »

I am encountering this same issue, but with a 5244D. I am using 64-bit python 3.9 and the 64bit PicoSDK. I have paths in both User and System Environment Variables linked to where the picoipp.dll is, C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib\.

I have repaired, uninstalled and then reinstalled the SDK. I am running out of troubleshooting ideas to get the PicoScope working with the python wrapper project!

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

I was able to solve this issue by uninstalling the Microsoft Store version of Python and installing 3.11 from the python website.