HAving trouble with long time traces

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Mike_Z
User
User

HAving trouble with long time traces

Post by Mike_Z »

I'm saving some waveforms that are seconds long and have the time base set to 200 ms/div. The data is saved to the buffer as time progresses and I get 10 to 20 traces in the buffer. My problem is 1. there seems to be some time missing between each buffer trace, maybe 100ms or so. and 2. How can I made the x axis, the time base consecutive? The x axis time labels are the same on buffer trace. I'd like to see time = zero on the first buffer trace and then advancing time on the next buffer traces. I'm getting confused as to were I am on the time scale. THanks, Mike

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: HAving trouble with long time traces

Post by bennog »

to get rid of the gaps you need to capture al in 1 go (so timebase 10 times longer)
then you can set the sample rate to max samples (if needed)
And the trigger at 95% and a condition that will never occur.
Then the screen starts scrolling the last 100 - 200 seconds and when you stop the capture you will have a long continuous trace.

Benno

Mike_Z
User
User

Post by Mike_Z »

Thanks, Ben. I'll try that. I'm still rather new to this pico scope. In the past I have always used an analog scope. Seems my techniques are not transferable. I want to look at sections of the trace that are in the mSecond range, but occur seconds apart. I suppose that I need to be careful about how long the scan will be. Is that limited by how much buffer memory there is? I'm using a 2104 which was cheap and I always start out cheap. Also, after I have a trace how do you zoom in to see the details? I've tried the magnifying glass with the plus in it, but that doesn't always work, probably operator error. I also noticed that once you have a trace you can not zoom down smaller than what you started with. So much new stuff to learn, sometimes I feel like a kid on a tricycle trying to race with the cars on the highway. Thanks again, Mike

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

the scrol wheel of the mouse.
Benno