Show channel voltages at specific time

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
eron

Show channel voltages at specific time

Post by eron »

I'm having trouble finding the voltage of each channel at a specific time. I drag the vertical ruler across to a specific time but the voltage of each channel isn't shown. How do I show the voltage of each channel at that time? There doesn't seem to be a measurement option for this either.

See the attached image. The ruler box shows the time but not the voltages.

Thank you
Attachments
picoscope show voltage at time.png

Willem43

Re: Show channel voltages at specific time

Post by Willem43 »

eron wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:01 am
I'm having trouble finding the voltage of each channel at a specific time.
Thank you
I am missing the same facility. I could not find any of the available measures to provide this either.

You could use the arrow cursor to display the values at the cursor. However, as soon as you zoom in you loose the arrow cursor, it now becomes the hand drag cursor, with no way to get the arrow cursor back. I have pointed out this last (in my view at least) shortcoming to the team.

Some sort of measure, with its logging option, for this will be greatly appreciated.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We have a feature request in for this to be added.

In the meantime there is a workaround that can give this value using measurements. If you add a measurement for "Maximum" select "Between rulers", then place the time rulers close to each other and lock them you will get the value at the rulers. Now if you drag them the measurement values will follow the trace.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Willem43

Post by Willem43 »

Martyn wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:52 am
We have a feature request in for this to be added.
Thanks, glad to hear.

I have used the suggested workaround, "Mean" can also be used. It does, however, not give the value at the exact cursor/time, though usually close enough. The planned "at cursor value" measure would be nice if it lists all the currently active analog channel values in the same measure, a bit like the arrow cursor (though that does probably not follow the current measure custom).

eron

Post by eron »

Thank you, I will use the double rulers for now. I'm glad there is a feature request in the works!

Eron

DoubleD
User
User

Post by DoubleD »

YES! Been asking for this since the first Beta was released. Put in the feature request a long time ago. Seems like a pretty easy and important feature to implement, but have kinda given up hope at this point that we will ever see it implemented...

-DD

Willem43

Post by Willem43 »

Hi DoubleD,

This is actually an interesting, and desirable, feature. The technical part is maybe not that difficult but the integration into the system to match the overall "look and feel", and practical side, is not that easy.

Do you have any ideas how you would like to see it implemented? I can think of at least three ways and do not know which would be best.