Picolog freq measurement

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Picolog freq measurement

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I trying to data log two signals simultaneously using picolog software & P3224 scope. I wanted to data log the frequency & amplitude on both signals but it seems picolog only allow sample rate >=1sec to measure frequency. I want the sample rate at lease 100ms. Is there a way I can achieve this sample rate? both of my signals frequency is between 500hz to 4000hz.

Thanks

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
You cannot easily use PicoLog to do what you want. It would be best to use PicoScope6. You need to capture at a high enough sample rate to get good measurements from your signals so set a time per division that gives you a screen-full of data in slightly less time than your required time between readings of frequency/amplitude. Set up your measurements box onscreen ("Add measurements") for all the measurements you require. Set the full 1000 screen capacity in the waveform buffer. Start measurements using the green start button and the program will capture 1000 screens, each one containing amplitude/frequency data for that period. There will be small gaps in-between screens. When finished, you can scroll back and forth through the screens and observe the measurements taken.
PeterF.

Post by Guest »

How would I go about extracting the freq data from the .psdata to Excel? Also, the scope software refuses to capture data when time base is set less than 100ms, is this a software or hardware limitation?

Cheers

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
There is no easy way to copy a calculated measurement from multiple screens of .psdata.
I can see no reason why you are getting a problem capturing at time bases slower than 100mS. The screen display will be different as it switches to streaming mode but it will capture. I suggest you send me a few example .psdata files at the helpdesk (support@picotech.com, attn:- PeterF) and I will try to work out your problem.
Regards,
PeterF.