Probe Calibration (zero channel offsets)

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
MOS_FETT

Probe Calibration (zero channel offsets)

Post by MOS_FETT »

I am trying to write a calibration function for my current probe, and I am wondering if there is a comparable function to the "Zero Channel Offsets" button in the GUI which opens a dialog asking if you want to "Short-circuit the input of channel X"

I could just collect a few ms of samples and average them, and call that the offset, but I am wondering if there was a better way to accomplish this.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Probe Calibration (zero channel offsets)

Post by bennog »

That is exactly the way it works for the calibration.
You need to do this for every input range you are using, because different input ranges have different offsets.

Benno

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Which PicoScope device do you have ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

MOS_FETT

Post by MOS_FETT »

Thanks for the replies! I have the 4224A

I had been planning to just check for offset with the range set to 0 for the highest resolution read on the offset, and then use that for all ranges. Is that not a good idea I take it? It seems odd that the offset would change based on the input range if the probe is the same, and I want to be as accurate as I can get.

MOS_FETT

Post by MOS_FETT »

I have a 4224A

Why is it that I need to re-cal for each range? I was running my cal with the range set to '0' for the smallest range, to get the most granular offset. It seems like that wouldn't change as long as the probe used is the same.

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicate post, didn't realize the previous one had to be approved.