Problems with decording "serial over can"

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
DennisN

Problems with decording "serial over can"

Post by DennisN »

Hello togheter!

Since this is my first post i will introduce myself shortly:

My Name is Dennis and im a automotive engineer. For a few years now i mostly work with automotive control units especially with the can bus and enet communication....

Currently im facing a new project and need to get familiar with the communication protocoll shown in the attached log. Afaik its a aynchron serial communication with a baudrate of 57,6k which use the canh and canl pinout from the controller. But for some reason i cant see a logic or a meaningfull decording dont matter what i try. Maybee its related to the not present expirience with serial comm :D

Do somebody got a idea how to handle that?

ps: file is too large here`s a link to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmmyg081vwwwa ... 1.zip?dl=0

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Problems with decording "serial over can"

Post by bennog »

The protocol still is CAN the serial RS232 is embedded in the can messages as normal data.
Baudrate looks about 1,3 Mbaud.

Benno

DennisN

Re: Problems with decording "serial over can"

Post by DennisN »

Thank you Benno :wink: , this makes more sense to me now since the second line shows the negative amplitude.

Could you give me a little help by telling me how I can have the bit rate detected or how I can choose your suspected 1.3 mbd. Anything over 1mbd will not be accepted...