Gearing up my home lab

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
coryjfowler

Gearing up my home lab

Post by coryjfowler »

I was recently displaced from the electronics lab I was working in, so I have been gearing up my home lab. I have been looking at a 4000 series Pico with 8 channels (4824) to start out with. 20MHz should do me okay for now, but I know I will need something >200MHz with 4 channels down the road.

Currently my aim is to teach myself solar sting inverter repair as I see that being useful to know. In this process I have acquired a broken Fronius IG which I have managed to get new signs of life out of. Considering that I needed about 230 VDC to activate the Fronius unit, I have been looking at some high voltage differential probes and related hardware to test the gate drivers of the shorted transistor I found which is ultimately what brought me here.

I do have one question though, on the 4000 series product page https://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope/4 ... 000-series there is a man in a red jacket around some refrigeration looking system. I am really interested to know what that XLR(maybe) to 3x BNC apparatus he is using is. The weird things that catch my eye.