three issues/requests

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
metebalci
User
User

three issues/requests

Post by metebalci »

I dont know if this is the right place to ask and/or report things, but I observe the following.

- I think the screen can be divided to 2x2 grid for views. That may be fine for scope views, but for XY views I prefer to keep aspect-ratio intact so 1:1. All the displays we use are non-square, so they are wide. This means equal division of screen is not efficient, I think it should be at least 3 (wide) x 2. Naturally it would be great if this can be made configurable.

- The zoom window for a view seems to be the child of the view and it is modal, in the sense that it blocks the view and it cannot be moved out of view. It is particularly not a good thing for small views.

- Again for the zoom window, when it is closed, the zoom setting is discarded. I dont know maybe I miss a setting or click somewhere but this is not what I would expect for a zoom setting.

Mete

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: three issues/requests

Post by Martyn »

For 1:1 aspect ratio you can set this in the views menu
1 to 1 ratio
1 to 1 ratio
I have started a discussion with the team about the layout options for multiple XY views, you can get a 2x2 by dragging the views onto the left right up down centre docking tool that pops up when you drag windows
4 x 4
4 x 4
You can use the buttons indicated to minimise/ maximise the zoom window
Zoom window
Zoom window
Zoom.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 787 times
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

metebalci
User
User

Re: three issues/requests

Post by metebalci »

Thanks Martyn. Yes I am using the layout like you showed.

I think I was wrong to say it is 2x2, it seems a window (either the main or a detached window) can have 4x2 views (4 vertically), but for 1:1 views it may not make much sense because they will be very small and the displays are usually used wide not tall. 4x4 could be enough as a temporary solution. I think the best is to have something like a tiling window manager here.

I think sometimes it is needed to keep the Zoom window open, to navigate around the view etc. This is probably not an important issue if the layout can be made more flexible.