Command line interface

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
robert_ps

Command line interface

Post by robert_ps »

Hi,

For batch converting .psdata to .csv I was using the CLI on the PicoScope6 software. However this does not work with PicoScope7. When attempting to use the PiscoScope7 CLI on Windows, it just starts the GUI. The PicoScope6 software cannot be downloaded any more.

How to use the CLI with PicoScope7? Or otherwise, is there a download link to PicoScope6?

Bob Mehew
User
User

Re: Command line interface

Post by Bob Mehew »

PicoScope 6 Windows version is available via the Discontinued software option on the download page at https://www.picotech.com/downloads . I assume you no longer have the CD PicoTech issue with their devices. Otherwise try the Wayback machine archive at https://archive.org/web/ for earlier versions of the PicoTech web site to get at previous and other versions of PicoScope 6.

Beware however that you will need to either delete PicoScope 7 from your machine and reinstall PicoScope 6 or else transfer the file type association (google the phrase for instructions) if you want to keep both versions.

robert_ps

Post by robert_ps »

Thanks, that helped a lot. I managed to find the link to PicoScope6, and converted the files to CSV :D .
For future usage I would still prefer to use PicoScope7 on the CLI eventually. Is that possible, or does PicoScope7 work exclusivity with the GUI?

Bob Mehew
User
User

Post by Bob Mehew »

I am afraid I have no idea. I am still awaiting a response to my recent thread about is there a manual for V7 which, if like previous versions, should contain such information.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The command line interface for PicoScope 6 was implemented for our internal test purposes, but then opened to customers but had limitations,alternative and will not be used for PicoScope 7. We are looking at automation options although this will take some time to implement so is not on the immediate plan.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

knighae1

Post by knighae1 »

I also would be very interested in the command line interface being added to PicoScope 7. The ability to automatically script processing from .psdata to .mat using the CLI was part of why my group purchased Pico scopes to begin with, and we are unable to use our current workflow with PicoScope 7, so will potentially stop using Picos/when we can't use PicoScope 6 any more.

Is there any timeline on when an automated work flow would be added.

bmdavis

Post by bmdavis »

I used this feature extensively in my own testing environment as well with picoscope6.

It allowed me to save all my files in a way that I could batch process in python as well keep the native format for quick viewing in picoscope software. I like the container in the psdata files that will contain multiple captures.

The other option would be to open up your file format so it could be imported directly into an environment that would allow for processing. (this would truly be the best option)