is direct signal treatment possible ?

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
ponponfray

is direct signal treatment possible ?

Post by ponponfray »

Hello

I recently bought a Picoscope 3205D for signal treatment purpose on a square waveform, and it works perfectly as I stay on the picoscope 6 application.
Now, I want to create my own code (language not defined yet) in order to get some information on this signal ( frequency and peak to peak, mostly) and i wanted to know if it's possible, using the API provided by Pico, to acquire directly these measures or if I have to make some treatment myself in the code to calculate it, based on the data I collect with the picoscope.

I tried to figure it out in the programmer's guide but since english is not my native language, I have several problems to fully understand it.
Thanks in advance if someone can help me !

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: is direct signal treatment possible ?

Post by bennog »

have a look over here https://github.com/picotech there are a lot of samples in different programming languages.

Benno

ponponfray

Post by ponponfray »

Thanks for the link, it will be really helpful
However, I think I have been misunderstood: I just want to know if it's possible before making any further research

best regards
ponfray

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The examples show you how to setup the scope and collect the raw data, they do not perform any calculations on the data. You will need to write your own code, or use third party libraries, to calculate frequency, peak to peak and similar measurements.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager