2406B - max memory for AWG?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
wesleywatson

2406B - max memory for AWG?

Post by wesleywatson »

Hello all,

I have digital signals captured in the form of CSV files that I need to replay at my bench with an AWG. The issue is that the files are quite large, around 1 to 5 million samples per file even after reducing the sampling rate. I've been able to replay some of the smaller files on a Keysight 33512B which can handle up to 1 MS per channel, but I have files that are around 3M to 5M samples that are too large. A memory upgrade to 16 MS is possible, but pricey at $650. But then I realized I have a Picoscope 2406B around, which is supposed to have up to 32 MS of memory.

However, when I go to the Arbitrary Waveform Generator in PicoScope 6, it seems to limit me to 32,768 samples. If I try to import any CSV files, it warns me about the maximum and that my data will be resampled (which destroys the signal because it's already downsampled as much as possible).

Is there any way I can replay files with a larger number of samples? Does the "32 MS" spec only apply to input sampling and not the AWG output? If so, are there any PicoScope products that can support more samples being replayed from the AWG?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 2406B - max memory for AWG?

Post by bennog »

How fast do you want to replay the signals (timing jitter) and are they pure digital (3.3 of 5V)
In number of samples per second you want to play them back and the timing variation that is allowed ?

Benno

wesleywatson

Re: 2406B - max memory for AWG?

Post by wesleywatson »

The data would need to be played back at 125 kS/sec. It's a digital signal that I sampled at 6.25 MS/sec, 12V actually, though playing it back at 10V still works. And decimating it by a factor of 50 down to 125 kS/sec still results in the correct behavior, but too much further and some messages are not interpreted correctly (and I would need to decimate much further to get the playback files under 1 MS).

Is there any way to playback a file with greater than 1 MS at that sample rate?