Repeated rapid block mode in python - acquisition stops without errors/warnings

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
jwbf

Repeated rapid block mode in python - acquisition stops without errors/warnings

Post by jwbf »

Hello everyone,

I am facing the following issue and I could not find any solution in the forum: I am using a PicoScope 3206D MSO to acquire several light pulses.

An acquisition process is performed based on the code in https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-pyt ... Example.py . The only difference with our code is that we added disabling of channel B according to the warning in line 70.

The measurement must be performed at different settings of the light source, i.e. the acquisition (as described above, including setup and closing of the pico unit) must be performed 20 times. The problem is that the code randomly stops execution (usually after 2-3 measurements), without any error or warning, only the following print:

Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Thank you in advance,
JW

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Repeated rapid block mode in python - acquisition stops without errors/warnings

Post by bennog »

Code: Select all

// The driver is busy opening a device.
#define PICO_OPEN_OPERATION_IN_PROGRESS             0x00000005UL
My guess is opening en closing the scope in fast succession.

Try keeping the scope open (or wait longer after the close 5 sec or so)

Benno

jwbf

Re: Repeated rapid block mode in python - acquisition stops without errors/warnings

Post by jwbf »

Hi bennog,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately neither solution worked, I keep getting the same print and no error.

Best,
JW

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

An acquisition process is performed based on the code in https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-pyt ... Example.py . The only difference with our code is that we added disabling of channel B according to the warning in line 70.
Did you also remove all the code in the example related to setting buffers for Channel B?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This is unlikely to be a PicoScope error code, but more likely to be a generic python/Windows issue.

Please email support@picotech.com with your code and we can follow up and investigate for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager