Trigger Timestamp?

Post discussions on projects you are working on
AlexAer

Trigger Timestamp?

Post by AlexAer »

Hello,

this is my first post in the forum so please bear with me.
In my application, I need to detect certain types of transient perturbations on a PWM signal. I am using two picoscopes to interrogate this signal and each one is using different triggers for capturing the transient. More specifically, the first picoscope uses a pulse-width trigger while the second one uses an interval trigger. I have set up an Alarm macro to automatically capture and save the waveform each time a picoscope is triggered and then restart again (alarms are a perfect tool by the way!). Given that there is some sort of "overlap" between these two trigger types, e.g. an event where both triggers are activated, it is not unusual to get captures from the two picoscopes which effectively coincide with each other, meaning the triggers belong to the same PWM cycle.
In my application, I need to record around 150 captures for each type of trigger and I am interested in their exact number count, which makes the post-acquisition (manual) comparison of the two capture sets very tedious in order to remove the duplicates.
Is there a way that I could retrieve the timestamp of a trigger point or at least infer it somehow?
If Picoscope 6 or 7 do not offer this information, could it be obtained through adjusting a C++ API?

Thank you,
Alex

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trigger Timestamp?

Post by Martyn »

Not sure what time period these events are occurring over but could you use the %time% option as part of the filename when saving the current buffer in the Alarm?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

AlexAer

Re: Trigger Timestamp?

Post by AlexAer »

Thanks Martyn, that will definitely improve my filtering through the saved files.
What instance in time does %time% exactly represents? The moment the trigger capture is complete?
The time rate of the triggered events is completely random but it is very common to have events a few microseconds apart on from the other.