Print Vector graphic to PDF issue

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
tonigau

Print Vector graphic to PDF issue

Post by tonigau »

Using PicoScope 6.14.44.5870, OS Win7P x64

I can print vector graphics (background, grid, rulers, waveform, text) to PDF with acrobat 5 print driver.
I load PDF into CorelDraw X4 for annotating, prep for document insertion etc... Looks really good & clear.

My issue is with the waveform vector objects, they are a filled object with out line (4 outlines per segment) , I can not group & join the wave segments as they are block shaped single lines with ends.
They take much longer to display & manipulate as the wave objects are more complex.
The Grid & Rulers are line vector objects (curve) - Perfect, Text is TTF - Perfect
In preferences I have waveform set to 1 point same as grid & rulers but in print wave are much thicker.

Is this by design that the waveforms printed are not single line vectors like other lines ?
Line vectors can have a thickness attribute printed to pdf.

Maybe an export vector would be a nice feature (SVG, WMF)

Thanks

In second attached image, I have turned on outline for some of the waveform segments & can see the filled objects. (the ruler can see the vector center line (dotted)
Picoscope Print 2 PDF.png
Picoscope Print 2 PDF_ZOOM.png

tonigau

Re: Print Vector graphic to PDF issue

Post by tonigau »

Its weird, this morning I print to pdf & the waveform is now a line vector (Curve).
If I find a correlation will post...

Here's the waveform in CDR_x4 (cant attach .svg file)
TM1637 Command h40-.png
Attachments
TM1637 Command h40_svg.zip
(25.51 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

tonigau

Re: Print Vector graphic to PDF issue

Post by tonigau »

It seems related to the horizontal zoom setting when printed.
I zoomed to x100 before it would print waveform as a line vector, then decreasing the zoom print was line vector until x10 then printed waveform line is back to filled object.
It is also be related to the number of samples if i change to 10ks I can get a line vector waveform print (ok for low freq. stuff only) .

I have tried the save as pdf but it prints raster, so this is not a workaround.