Updated examples and Tutorials

Post your C and C++ discussions here
picowally

Updated examples and Tutorials

Post by picowally »

TL;DR:
Has anybody successfully compiled the picoscope c/c++ examples in Visual Studio >= 2019 ? How?!
---
Hello fellow scopers :-)
I am struggling to get the c/c++ example code to work on a Win10 machine with Visual Studio.
Is there any tutorial or walk-thourgh, on how to get the picoscope (2205A in my case) going?

I tried VS2019 & VS2022, installed all PicoSDKs and the Windows SDK and i am just blindly falling from one error message to the next. I guess at the moment, it is MUCH easier to start a fresh new project and go from there.
A wiki would be nice, where the community can keep examples up to date.

Thanks in advance,
Wally

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updated examples and Tutorials

Post by Martyn »

Check that you have followed the instructions here ( which it sounds as if you have)

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-examples#readme

then download the examples here

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-e ... ter/ps2000

which work with the VS 2019 Community Edition on Windows 10

Edit:
One addition for the Gui example, on line 663 of ps2000Gui.c add

Code: Select all

running = FALSE;
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

picowally

Re: Updated examples and Tutorials

Post by picowally »

Hello Martyn and thank you for your wonderful answer, although I was already aware of these links.

I got it all working in VS2019, VS2022, VS Code, on PC and Pi, with C and C# 8)
Basically I tried all the (sane) combinations even cross-compiling and remote-compiling (only for C). :D

What I meant is, that in ALL cases it's not a "smooth" experience in and there are quite some additional steps involved not mentioned anywhere. All I'm saying is, that a wiki-based, central and community driven Library of "Getting Started"s for the different use cases would be a tremendous help and I am surely not the only one willing to put some time in it.

Thanks for your time and the great products you make!

BTW: The search function in this forum seems broken and I have to rely on google for finding any relevant articles.