PicoScope 3224 A-B Channel Separation

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
reidanthony
User
User

PicoScope 3224 A-B Channel Separation

Post by reidanthony »

I have a PicoScope 3224. I used Channel A when I first got it to record charge and discharge voltages of battery packs. I used a 10x reducer and everything worked perfect as I only needed to use the one channel for the time being. One day it stopped working... wouldn't register any voltage no matter what I did. So I just switched over to Channel B and started using that. Everything worked fine. Today I wanted to use both channels to record two separate battery packs with two separate 10x probes. Channel A still doesn't work. But it DOES work when Channel B is recording. As soon as I disconnect Channel B from the battery, Channel A and B drop to 0 volts. When I disconnect Channel A from the battery, only Channel A drops to 0. When I disconnect the Channel A battery pack charger from the battery, or from the wall outlet, the voltage drops all the way to zero, and it should only drop to the voltage of the battery which is around 12. When I disconnect the Channel B battery pack charger, the voltage on channel B drops to the battery voltage, but the channel A voltage drops right to zero again, even while it's still hooked up to it's battery and charger. Is there some kind of a loop issue that I'm having and not realizing or is the something wrong with the scope itself?
Reid Redenius
R&R Enterprises

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Anthony,

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of PicoScope (R6.0.15.2) http://www.picotech.com/download.html, and then test each channel individually with something other than the battery charger. For example, a 9v battery.

Regards
John

reidanthony
User
User

Post by reidanthony »

Did that. Channel A doesn't work at all. What's the next step?
Reid Redenius
R&R Enterprises

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Anthony,

The indication would be that channel A has sustained some kind of damage, and shall require investigation and probable repair.

If you wish to return the unit for repair, please send an email to support@picotech.com containing the following details:

Contact Name
Full Address
Telephone Number
Email Address
Unit to be returned & serial number
Description of fault.
Description of application.
Operating system and Pico software versions.
Did the product work at some point?
PC or Laptop.

Regards
John