Missing Feature - Trace Labels

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
mike603

Missing Feature - Trace Labels

Post by mike603 »

One feature that has been missing from Picoscope 6 is the ability to label analog traces.

I am very surprised that it was not included in Picoscope 7. This is a glaring absence. Most stand alone scopes have this capability.

When ever I do a scope capture I need to bring it into photoshop or paint to add the trace labels.

I have made this suggestion as a feedback in the program itself but I thought I would mention it here so that Picoscope can see how many people would like to see this feature added.

DoubleD
User
User

Re: Missing Feature - Trace Labels

Post by DoubleD »

Seems like it is there. Click on the Channel. Then select the Display tab. Update the "Name".

-D

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Only on the digital channels this is done.
I have asked them on the first early acces version about this, and it would go on the todo list.
It probably still is on the todo list

Benno

DoubleD
User
User

Post by DoubleD »

I played with the Digital channels, and now I see what you are saying. For the Analog channels the name only shows up on the Channel button and not actually in the Waveform window like the Digital channels have. It would be nice for it to show there too, so that when you use the save button to save a PNG image the Analog channel names show up. I guess the work around is to take screenshots of the whole app window.

JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Please allow me to support mike603's request - it would be a great improvement. It would make documenting so much easier...

Pretty, please, dear picoscope developers. Add user-defined labels for the Analog channels :wink:

Cheers,

Joe_D

threeshedsdixon

Post by threeshedsdixon »

I am in agreement that it is really useful to be able to rename the analogue channels.
We are using an 8 channel 4000 series to provide our customer with proof of correct operation of six output channels from a rotary encoder and it would be nice to show the signal designations that they are familiar with.