picotech vs pico auto

Which product is right for your exact requirements
simclardy

picotech vs pico auto

Post by simclardy »

I am looking for a scope mainly for automotive work but not exclusively. I was looking at your 5000 series but I don't see this option in the auto page. I also don't need any probes as I have everything I need. I own a bench scope.
can I purchase from picotech and get all the automotive support (known signals etc)
thanks

bokn
User
User

Re: picotech vs pico auto

Post by bokn »

Would like to know also!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: picotech vs pico auto

Post by Martyn »

The Test and Measurement scopes will not work with the Automotive Version of the software, so you would not have access to the built in guided tests, the online waveform library, or the additional Pico Diagnostics application. In addition T&M scopes do not have the resettable fuses on the scope inputs so if you accidentally connect to a high voltage from an ignition system you risk damaging the scope requiring repair.

If you are only looking at communication buses, or other low voltage signals, and take care with what you are measuring, then you can use the standard Test & Measurement software and scopes.

If you wish to do a full range of automotive work then you will need an automotive scope https://www.picoauto.com/products/autom ... t/overview
Martyn
Technical Support Manager