Arinc 429 decoding bug

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
Mark2924
User
User

Arinc 429 decoding bug

Post by Mark2924 »

I'm trying to decode 429 and when I set it to decimal, the data decodes incorrectly... there's 5 groups of data that it is decoding separately, when it should be decoding it as a whole. I have an arinc reader, simulator I'm using to test and have set the altitude to 45,000 feet, just like in the arinc specification. I'm trying to attached pictures but I don't believe it's letting me...

LTMike
User
User

Re: Arinc 429 decoding bug

Post by LTMike »

Hello Mark,
I'm Mike and a senior tech for our company MD80 full motion simulator. We just received our PicoScope 3203D we bought specific for ARINC429 data acquisition. We have installed a Bad Elf system into the sim and are now trying to determine the path flow from the DITS so tomorrow I am going to connect it into the system and start hunting for the signals. The pins that the Bad Elf unit is connected to is giving some data but we're missing the lat/long, speed, altitude data or else it's not being sent either to the correct package in the LCRS or may be corrupted somewhere / somehow. At any rate, this scope has saved us thousands of dollars for an ARINC analyzer and has the added benefits of being useful around the shop. I'm going to see if there is some way I can use an iPad or a tablet of some sort for it and make it more useful as well ....