Strange voltage spikes/reversal. Damaged picoscope 2405a?

Having problems ? let us know the details here
gary_gary

Strange voltage spikes/reversal. Damaged picoscope 2405a?

Post by gary_gary »

Hello,
I've been trying to diagnose some issues using a picoscope 2405A, but keep seeing some strange intermittent signals. Attached is the data file. I've seen this same stepped signal at approximately 2MHz frequency in all my measurements, the attached data file was found when attached to a 18V wall dc power supply, however even if measuring across the ground line of the system under test I see a similar signal. The picoscope was connected to a laptop running on battery power, and I've tested with two different laptops and seen the exact same signal. Does this indicate that the picoscope is damaged? Or could it be some kind of issue with how I'm measuring? I've seen this signal on other channels on the scope as well.
Attachments
2021-12-08_Picoscopeproblem.psdata
(20.27 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

ianogeng

Re: Strange voltage spikes/reversal. Damaged picoscope 2405a?

Post by ianogeng »

Hello Gary,

FWIW I have the same issue on a 2205A MSO. The attached waveform was measured with the probe connected only to the scope ground so it must be something internal to the scope. Definitely shouldn't be happening and not something you are doing wrong.

Regards,
Attachments
20221220-0001 voltage spike.psdata
(29.54 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange voltage spikes/reversal. Damaged picoscope 2405a?

Post by Martyn »

Please email support@picotech.com and the team can investigate your issues and if necessary arrange a return for repair.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager