Issues with picolog 6 in raspberry pi

Forum for discussing PicoLog
kpizzolatto

Issues with picolog 6 in raspberry pi

Post by kpizzolatto »

Bought a raspberry pi & a picoscope 2204a with the plan to leave them in the cabinet monitoring the 24V power. Then when the machine faults check to see if we're getting some odd voltages on the power.

Ran into a few issues with picolog in raspberry pi, but it works now.
The raspberry pi never had a screen attached to it, if that makes any difference with picolog.
Thanks for supporting raspberry pi and linux. And for making a neat little scope for under $200.00!!

Anyhow here's what tripped me up; if it helps anyone great.
And if someone has already posted this and I missed it, mods please delete!

If you don't say --no-sandbox you get all faults and it won't launch:
from the gui it just disappears. From the cli, you get this:
pi@gizmoscope:~ $ /opt/PicoLog/picolog
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
../../sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:**CRASHING**:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
[4967:1122/185312.477444:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(1034)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.
/opt/PicoLog/picolog: line 4: 4967 Trace/breakpoint trap "${BASH_SOURCE%/*}"/picolog.bin "$@"

Somebody here said try as root, then picolog complained it needs --no-sandbox. Hmmm...well, I didn't want to run as root anyhow, let's try just --no-sandbox. Changing the command line in the menu item from this
/opt/PicoLog/picolog %U
to this
/opt/PicoLog/picolog --no-sandbox %U

OK, now it launches, but complains about usb permissions:
(hmm...I'm having trouble posting an image on your board...)
Anyhow, it fails to add the permissions even after giving it the user's password for sudo. But it shows you the command line it would have used so it's easy to do it by nano:
pi@gizmoscope:~ $ sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules
and then add the line so it looks like this when you're done:
pi@gizmoscope:~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/95-pico.rules
ATTRS{idVendor}=="0ce9", MODE="777"

Now, launching picolog from the menu, it functions in raspberry pi like it does in linux!

versions:
raspberry pi 4 running 2021-10-30-raspios-bullseye-armhf.img and picolog-6.2.1-armhf.deb