ADC200 and USB with VB6

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
Blademan
User
User

ADC200 and USB with VB6

Post by Blademan »

Hi does anyone know how to communicate with an ADC200 via USB in VB6? I have the unit set on USB-PP1 and the Picoscope software finds it ok. My own software written for the old LPT variant works ok with LPT1 but I can not find a way to talk to the USB converter. Thanks.

I know that USB-PP1 is port 101 but that is out of the subscript range. If I manually add that port my software works but cannot see the device.

I know the Picoscope software sees the device so a code snippet or some indication on how to communicate would be good.

Thanks again
Coding my way to oblivion

Blademan
User
User

Worked out nicely!

Post by Blademan »

Hi
I have managed to get it all working (on my own!).

The problem was that the old software was using MSCOMM to negotiate with the LPT port.

As soon as I got rid of all that and used port 101 and the adc200_open_unit(port) everything burst into life :D

I still would like to use my shiney new PS2205 instead of the old ADC200 units. You would think that the revenue it would generate for Picotech (we require around 18 units) they would try and help solve the problems or at least explain the issues involved in making a PS2205 work instead of the old ADC200 units.

If I can not solve these issues, I will stick with the old kit and be done with it!!!!

Anyway, if anyone reads this, let me know if you can help in any way.
8)
Blademan

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Blademan,

You may download an SDK for the PS2205 from our website http://www.picotech.com/software.html

Regards
John

Blademan
User
User

Post by Blademan »

Hi Picojohn

Thanks for that. I do have the SDK. My problem is that the command set for the two devices is different. I need to find a way to get the PS2205 to act as the ADC200 does. It will just be a question of going through the code line by line and working out what needs to be done.

The application notes are not that good if you need to do what I am doing. Stand alone and they are ok. You can get the scope to work.

I am just annoyed at the effort that is required to change from an LPT device to a USB device that is essentially the same unit.

Blademan