(Display-) behavior of lowpass filtering and resolution enhancement in slow sampling mode

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
Entity

(Display-) behavior of lowpass filtering and resolution enhancement in slow sampling mode

Post by Entity »

When displaying data in slow sampling mode (update of the screen before the total collection time has expired), lowpass filtering and resolution enhancement is only applied/displayed after the the total collection time in both PicoScope 7 Early Access and PicoScope 6.
These filters are especially helpful, when viewing slow data, which is the use case for the slow sampling mode as well. But even though the display is refreshed continually, only the unfiltered potenially noisy signal is displayed until the whole buffer is filled and then switches to the filtered signal at the end, only moments before the next waveform is starting to replace it.
I think an implementation of these filters, that are applied as the signal is displayed would be great.
I realize this would probably require a different implementation of the filters for this display mode (something like a causal filter or reasonably small windowing) but in my opinion it would make the slow sampling mode much more useful.