Control Picoscope 6000e both with .net application and Pico software

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
salman

Control Picoscope 6000e both with .net application and Pico software

Post by salman »

Hi,
This question might have been asked earlier but I didn't get a straight answer after looking through many of the topics here. Here is my sceario:
I am just getting started with Picoscope. I am trying to add picoscope as an oscilloscope option to my control software through a plugin written in c# on .Net platform using ps6000a.dll. I have a PicoScope 6424E model.
First issue I am facing is I can open my scope instance through just one application, either mine of PicoScope6 software. Is there a way to gain control through both the applications? Or at least can I use PicoScope6 software in sort of viewing mode so that when my users run their measurement scripts, they can watch the action unfold on the software's view?

hexamer
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Control Picoscope 6000e both with .net application and Pico software

Post by hexamer »

Multiple applications accessing a single scope is not supported. In general, even if the DLL did support it, it would be very difficult to coordinate between the applications. They'd have to be designed to be cooperative so they don't put the scope into some unintended state. I'm guesssing the PicoScope application is designed assuming it's the only one controlling the scope.