nosetests for picosdk-python-wrappers

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
erikiverson

nosetests for picosdk-python-wrappers

Post by erikiverson »

The readme says to run

Code: Select all

nosetests
in the root of the repo. But I don't see this file there. Is it important to run the unit tests, I wonder?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: nosetests for picosdk-python-wrappers

Post by Martyn »

Code: Select all

To run the unit tests, you will need to install nose (e.g. pip install nose.) Then, run nosetests in the root of the repo.
This is referring to the additional package "nose" which you need to install, it is not part of the picosdk-python-wrappers
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

erikiverson

Post by erikiverson »

I realize nose is a python module for testing. And I have it. This doesn't answer my question.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The person who wrote this is no longer at Pico but I believe it means to run the tests at the root level of the repository located in the test folder https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-pyt ... aster/test which are nosetests, and not run a script called nosetests.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

christopher

Post by christopher »

Hi,

I am working to get a picoscope 4262 set up, and have just started working with the python wrappers. You've probably figured it out by now, but in case you haven't, I believe the intention of the nosetests is to go into the tests directory and run

nosetests test_xxx.py

where xxx can be any of the various tests in that directory. That at least gives meaningul results. Though I think sometimes errors being thrown are the 'passing' behaviour of the code.

Cheers