Picoscope AWG LabVIEW

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Govind

Picoscope AWG LabVIEW

Post by Govind »

Hello,

I am trying to run the example AWG program of LabVIEW to use it for Picoscope 2408B. Initially the red LED is on when I plug in the USB. I run the program and the program shows no error. The handle returns successfully a value of 16384 when open VI is run. But immediately after open VI is run then the red LED goes off and then nothing happens. Then, when I press stop and the handle goes through Close and program stops, the red light is back on. Why is this not working. I have attached a screenshot of the AWG values I have given. Kindly do help me.
Attachments
PicoScope2000aExampleAWG.vi
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Pico AWG.jpg

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope AWG LabVIEW

Post by Martyn »

When the red led goes off the AWG should be generating an output on the BNC. What have you connected this up to as you will see nothing in the LabVIEW example.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Govind

Re: Picoscope AWG LabVIEW

Post by Govind »

Hi,

I have connected the BNC output to a microcontroller device. What I did first is use the picoscope 6. I created an arbitrary waveform of a square wave with start frequency 1kHz and amplitude of 2V and offset of 0V, and then I turned on the signal. Immediately you can see the output in the microcontroller device in two ways. First a LED light will turn on in the device and second we will get the frequency reading on codesys. Now this works perfectly. Now I try to do the same in LabVIEW. So in LabVIEW I made a change to the AWG program from before, I removed the update button, so the program continuously run instead of waiting for the user to push update every time. Then I gave the values Peak to Peak voltage 2000000 microvolts and start and stop frequency of 1000. Then I run the program and nothing happens in the device. The microcontroller device led is not turn on and in codesys also you don't see any frequency reading. Another difference is in picoscope 6, the red LED in picoscope 6 blinks when I run the AWG program whereas in labview it turns off. You said that is correct in labview. But why is there such a difference, one place it blinks and other place it turns off. So kindly help me understand what am I doing wrong here. I have also attached screenshots of both the values entered in picoscope 6 and also in labview. Thank you.
Attachments
Picoscop 6 Values.jpg
AWG.jpg