Picoscope 6 crashes by clicking on "Math Channels"

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Gotthard

Picoscope 6 crashes by clicking on "Math Channels"

Post by Gotthard »

Hi Pico Team,
Hi Forum Users,

for a project I am using math channels to calculate timing differences between different channels.
Out of a sudden, PicoScope6 crashes when I a open a previously working PSDATA file and try to open the Math Channels by clicking in the menu.

I have read in the forum that Math Channels might crash the app if calculations run into a division by zero, for example. And I am not sure now, what was the last thing I did editing.

Nonetheless I would expect that I can open and modify any calculation or whatever might has been corrupted to fix the issue.

If I am not totally wrong, there is a central library where (previous) math calculations are stored. If that's correct: maybe there is something corrupt? Where can I find and remove this lib to restart calculations building from scratch?

Even after 2x de- and re-installion of PicoScope (latest available 6.14.44.5870 on Win10) and resetting start-up settings to factury level, I am still ending in a crash when I try to use Math Channels.

Any ideas what to do?

Many Thanks
Gotthard

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 6 crashes by clicking on "Math Channels"

Post by Martyn »

You will find one or more long alphanumeric named folders for different versions of PicoScope software in

C:\Users\{YourLoginName}\AppData\Local\Pico Technology\

for the PicoScope 6 ones you will find a file mathsformulae.psmaths which you can edit with a text editor.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Gotthard

Re: Picoscope 6 crashes by clicking on "Math Channels"

Post by Gotthard »

Hi Martyn,

after deleting this mathsformulae.psmaths you mentioned, math operations can be accessed again without crash.

Thanks
Gotthard