Pulse width low wrong

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
dosika

Pulse width low wrong

Post by dosika »

pulse width low (on a trace) I get a readout at the bottom stating 500uS when in fact if I calculate it from the plotted data I get 1.1mS. The trace is steady at 3.3V and then drops down to ~30mV then back up with a nice pulse shape. I get approx 1mS where I use the start of the transition, mid or end points. I did not see options for adjustments to the measurement. If I redo the measurement with the same settings and newly acquired waveform I get the right number so it does not seem consistent. I am looking at a boot up sequence and multiple lines so my sweep is ~50sec/screen. Any help or insights into this canned measurement routine would be helpful.
-->
Hello, I am looking at a reset signal and when I use the measurement--> pulse width low (on a trace) I get a readout at the bottom stating 500uS when in fact if I calculate it from the plotted data I get 1.1mS. The trace is steady at 3.3V and then drops down to ~30mV then back up with a nice pulse shape. I get approx 1mS where I use the start of the transition, mid or end points. I did not see options for adjustments to the measurement. If I redo the measurement with the same settings and newly acquired waveform I get the right number so it does not seem consistent. I am looking at a boot up sequence and multiple lines so my sweep is ~50sec/screen. Any help or insights into this canned measurement routine would be helpful.
Attachments
pulse_low_error.png