PicoLog 6.1.18 doesn't show a chart with the data from PicoScope 2204A

Forum for discussing PicoLog
ivinnykov

PicoLog 6.1.18 doesn't show a chart with the data from PicoScope 2204A

Post by ivinnykov »

Hello,

I'm using PicoScope 2204A and I need to save the log. I see data from my oscilloscope in PicoScope 6. But when I try to capture log in PicoLog 6.1.18 I see the empty screen, no data is captured/displayed. I used the older version of PicoLog some time ago and there were no problems with it.

I have attached a few screenshots to demonstrate the problem. As you can see, PicoLog gets data, but the data aren't displayed by some reason. I clicked the Follow New Data, Show All Data with no success.

As suggested in another forum thread, I clicked Window maximize/minimize with no success. I'm running Windows version on Windows 10.
Attachments
Recording started, no data displayed
Recording started, no data displayed
Configuration
Configuration
PicoScope works
PicoScope works

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoLog 6.1.18 doesn't show a chart with the data from PicoScope 2204A

Post by Martyn »

Sample interval is the time between individual samples displayed on the graph, not the duration of the logging run. Try setting this to 1 second and you should see data displayed on the trace.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ivinnykov

Re: PicoLog 6.1.18 doesn't show a chart with the data from PicoScope 2204A

Post by ivinnykov »

You are right, once smaller sample interval is set, I can see the chart. I use these settings and it seems that I cannot set the value lower 1 millisecond.
1.png
The logged data:
2.png
It seems that sampling rate isn't enough to show the waveform for this signal. If I check the same in PicoScope, I see much detailed info and clear waveform:
3.png
So the question is: is it possible for PicoLog to capture more data? I understand that it will be resulted in large file size. I need to capture data for 10-30 minutes, for example and get detailed waveform, so I can measure durations of logical ones and zeros. PicoScope is good for that task, but it seems to show data real-time can is able to store data in memory, but I need to have information with the same details for a long time period.

Did I miss something? I'm new to this topic. What can you suggest for this task?