File size problems

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Gilbert
User
User

File size problems

Post by Gilbert »

I am saving very large waveform capture files using a 6000 series PicoScope with the .mat (MATLAB) extension. Somewhere at ~350 MB and above the saved files will not load into MATLAB and produces an error stating the files may be corrupt. I'm using as high as possible sampling rates to retain waveform envelope resolution and the 13 MHz sine wave when zoomed in. Lower sample rates introduces aliasing artifacts, loss of envelope resolution and interpolation of the sine wave when zoomed in. I'm using software version 6.14.23.5207 and have 32 GB of RAM. The software seems to be doing something to the files at around 350 MB and above. Any help would be appreciated.

Gilbert
User
User

Re: File size problems

Post by Gilbert »

I did find another post here...

Re: PicoScope 6.11.10.1608 generating corrupt .mat files
Post by Hitesh » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:44 pm

...where the user Labrat had the same error that I am getting and Hitesh indicated that they are aware of an issue relating to the export of data to .mat format. It doesn't look like a solution has been determined yet?

bkas337

Post by bkas337 »

Is there a work around to the large file issue with the MatLAB files?

somafan

Post by somafan »

Unfortunatly I have the same problem with PicoScope 7.1.13.17054 running a 6425E. It works up to 10 MSamples. Larger files are generated, but the scope data can't be loaded. Matlab says that the file seems to be corrupt. The additional variables like "Tinterval", "Tstart", "Version" can be loaded individually, but not the main data. Is there a solution?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This is an old thread and relates to PicoScope 6 exporting of MAT4 format files. PicoScope 7 exports a later version of file so shouldn't have this limit.

Can you please email support@picotech.com to discuss your issues. If you can send a psdata file that you wish to import into Matlab but is giving difficulties we can check through this
Martyn
Technical Support Manager