GUI Refresh rate depends on Time/Dev in Win10, witch is really annoying if you want to do sub Hz mesurement.

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Benjamin

GUI Refresh rate depends on Time/Dev in Win10, witch is really annoying if you want to do sub Hz mesurement.

Post by Benjamin »

I have to do some measurement of really slow frequencies so i need a very slow Time/div rate. The problem is that the GUI of the Picoscope 6 only refresh after a full frame of data. So if i have the slowest Time/div with 5000s per div i have to wait for hours until a click on a button is recognized. That's Awfull. Maybe the Gui should be independent in another thread than the communication with the scope.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: GUI Refresh rate depends on Time/Dev in Win10, witch is really annoying if you want to do sub Hz mesurement.

Post by bennog »

Are you using the scope in streaming mode with this slow timebase ?

Tested this with my 3403D scope and I can not reproduce your problem.

Benno

siliconunit

Re: GUI Refresh rate depends on Time/Dev in Win10, witch is really annoying if you want to do sub Hz mesurement.

Post by siliconunit »

Hello,

Same problem here , using v6.14.36.5676 on win10 , and if I set my waveform generator channels to say 1hz , I have to wait for a whole scan before the UI reacts. Almost unusable, please fix this.

Walt
Last edited by siliconunit on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

To both posters, please post a psdata or pssettings file, then I can get the team to run some tests.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

siliconunit

Post by siliconunit »

I found another bug this time in the settings file, I saved the file with 3 wave generators at 1hz, and when I open the settings file they are set at 1kHz. Either way the other GUI slowdown is showing with these settings as well.. have to wait for a whole scan to register a mouse click.

side note: it would be useful to have settings files based on json or other human readable data.
Attachments
20210207-0002.pssettings
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 245 times