Windows 10 crashes when re-opening recorded Picoscope Data Files

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Badman

Windows 10 crashes when re-opening recorded Picoscope Data Files

Post by Badman »

Hi,
I have recorded more than 200 Picospcope Data Files over night and want to analyse them now. The Data is from a RS485 Modbus connection with serial decoding enabled.
Most of the Data files work fine, but for some files, when opening, Picoscope 6 Software loads the Data and then crashes and wants to restart. After the restart it crashes again, so I can not use this file.
Let's say, when opening 10 Files in a series, approx. one of them will crash immediately after opening. The rest is OK.
If I uncheck the "Restart Picoscope" option, the program hangs up and has to be closed by task manager.
It's not a general problem, but some of the Data Files seem to "kill" the Picoscope Application.
PC is a Desktop Fujitsu i7-9700k with 32GB RAM; Operating System is Windows 10 64 Bit.
Are there any issues like this known under Windows 10? Is there a workaround for this problem?
I can not evaluate the serial data, cause some sequnces are always missing. That's very uncomfortable.
I could send a sample file, but could not find a button for attachments here :?:

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Windows 10 crashes when re-opening recorded Picoscope Data Files

Post by bennog »

can you post a .psdata file where the software crashes on ?

Benno

Badman

Re: Windows 10 crashes when re-opening recorded Picoscope Data Files

Post by Badman »

Hi Benno,
here is the Link to a share drive, where i posted 2 Files:
https://share.ads-tec.de/index.php/s/WKBZTQfE4e6Cyn4

Index (26) is causing the error when loading
Index (27) is causing no error (good file), just to compare them.

I could not attach the files, the "Add files" function says, that the file is too big for an upload!