PS 4444 100khz filter not working on CHB and CHD

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

PS 4444 100khz filter not working on CHB and CHD

Post by bennog »

Today I was measuring some low voltage signals 2-3 mV and discovered that the hardware 100kHz fitter is not working on channel B and D. The 1 MHz filter works as expected as the no filter also works as expected.

I have one of the first models of this scope (serial no 14) can it be that this was a hardware bug in the first batch, or is there something wrong with the scope ?

Benno

nurber
Active User
Active User

Re: PS 4444 100khz filter not working on CHB and CHD

Post by nurber »

Hey Bennog. I too have early production unit. I'll try to test this weekend as well.

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

it seems to be working here at least with number 29 ( FQ655/0029 ). I wanted noise so I just went looking and found something suitable. See attached before and after filter results for CHB ( identical with CHD ). Unrelated unplugging PicoConnect 441 probe from any channel interface causes 6.14.23.5207 to crash, but I'll post that in a different thread.

Sven
Attachments
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (6).png

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

FWIW, I had to crop these 500KB screenshots(1920x1028) because this forum interface reports "File too large: Screenshot (5).png". What good is a forum with such a constraint preventing people from uploading the most communicative piece of information possible ? (A .psdata file is too much work for some between downloading file, loading Picoscope and then massaging the data to get to the waveform portion/glitch/etc. that person is trying to communicate.)